Sõltumatu Tants in Tartu is a festival curated by Sõltumatu Tantsu Lava (STL) with a goal of bringing the freshest and most important performances of the contemporary dance scene to the Tartu audience every year. This year the festival takes place on the 21st to the 23rd of November in Tartu New Theatre, Genialists Club, Estonian National Museum and Alexela Loomelava.
The program includes local and international collaborative performances for different target groups which showcases the versatility of contemporary dance. In addition to performances the festival has artists talks with the creators and lecture-movement workshop for schools “Dance as a contemporary expression – from the past to the present”
- 21st of November 18:30 at Tartu New Theatre “How the Land Lies”
- 21st of November 20:00 at Genialists Club “So You Think You Can Dance”
- 22nd of November 19:00 at Alexela Loomelava “Transcendentia
- 23rd of November 19:00 at Estonian National Museum “Dances to Dream, Res(is)t and Sleep to”
- Every performance is followed by an artist talk which is moderated by students of Tartu University from Department of Literature and Theatre Research